2 questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I just bought a new Macbook and I am having a hard time 'seeing' things. I know it sounds silly, but at 66 I need everything larger. I did it on my desk top and everything is large enough, but that is running Leopard,and the laptop is Lion. I cannot figure out how I did it.

2nd question
I cannot sign into Facetime with my Apple ID. I use the same user/PW for everything Apple, but I cannot get in. It will not let me change info. for Facetime w/o changing it for everything, any ideas?

Sue

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi Sue:

The best way to get things larger on the MacBook is to do it individually by application if possible. For example - Safari: You can press command + to increase the font size.

Some applications allow an increase in font size while others do not. It just depends.... If necessary, you can reduce the overall resolution on the MacBook by going into System Preferences, Display, and resetting the resolution making everything appear larger. However, that method is not recommended since it can cause distortion of the display image.

And lastly, hook the MacBook up to a large external monitor. Another expense, but if it saves your eyes it may be worth it.

As for the Facebook sign in problem, I'll let someone else try to answer that.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Sue:

The best way to get things larger on the MacBook is to do it individually by application if possible. For example - Safari: You can press command + to increase the font size.

Some applications allow an increase in font size while others do not. It just depends.... If necessary, you can reduce the overall resolution on the MacBook by going into System Preferences, Display, and resetting the resolution making everything appear larger. However, that method is not recommended since it can cause distortion of the display image.

And lastly, hook the MacBook up to a large external monitor. Another expense, but if it saves your eyes it may be worth it.

As for the Facebook sign in problem, I'll let someone else try to answer that.

Thanks for your answer :)
Its more than just fonts,even the icons for 'closing, hiding and sizing' are too small to see well. If they were not in red, yellow and green it would be harder.......

LOLOLOL, NOT FACEBOOK, Facetime,its an apple ap like Skype. I have to sign in with my apple ID and it doesnt like it.:Grimmace:

C

chas_m

In my case, my Apple ID and my iTunes account (and my iCloud email address) are all the same, so there is no question of me getting in there.

Do you have an iTunes account or an iCloud email address that is different from the "usual"?

What specifically does it say when you try to sign in and it rejects your credentials?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In my case, my Apple ID and my iTunes account (and my iCloud email address) are all the same, so there is no question of me getting in there.

Do you have an iTunes account or an iCloud email address that is different from the "usual"?

What specifically does it say when you try to sign in and it rejects your credentials?

Yes, mine are all the same too, and for those 3 all works fine.
When I try and enter it for Facetime, it states
"Could not sign in. Please check network connection and try again"

Of course the network connection is fine as I am online.

Sue

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks for your answer :)
Its more than just fonts,even the icons for 'closing, hiding and sizing' are too small to see well. If they were not in red, yellow and green it would be harder.......
Head over to System Preferences > Universal Access. There are a few things in there that might be of use including the zoom functionality and perhaps the contrast settings.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Head over to System Preferences > Universal Access. There are a few things in there that might be of use including the zoom functionality and perhaps the contrast settings.

Thanks I did change some of them, but actually changing the resolution worked great.

Now if only I could figure out my 'FACETIME' login issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.