Jpg lossless rotate

Reaction score
I have thousands of jpegs that should be in portrait orientation. I am switching to either Lightroom or Aperture, but neither is capable of doing lossless rotation.

Therefore, I am looking for a program that allows me to do lossless rotation before importing the pictures to Aperture/Lightroom. It should:
- work on Mac Os X Lion,
- be free of charge,
- rotate jpgs losslessly,
- fix the thumbnail,
- remove the auto-rotate tag (all of my cameras had auto-rotate tagging on),
- switch the pixel numbers (width x length) accordingly,
- and leave all other exif -data untouched.
- I would also prefer to stay away from the command line.

So far I have tried Xee, Cheese, and XnviewMP. They either did not launch or created files that were roughly 10% smaller than the original (which I believe means that the rotation was not lossless after all). I never changed any settings on the programs and I only tried jpegs with dimensions that are divisible by 16.

Can you advise how to fix the problem with aforementioned programs?

Alternatively, I would gladly accept recommendations for other programs, however, I have also quickly checked the following programs:
- PhotoToolCM
- Jpegtran
- Imagemagick
- Cocoviewx
- Image capture
- Nconvert
All of them seemed to either not be available for Lion or require the use of command line.

Thank you in advance!
- jepjep

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.