Problem connecting to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't have internet at home and I usually connect with an open network in my building/neighborhood. I have been using it for months on my MacBook and Iphone and had no issue with it so far. For a few days now, the Airport is showing full signal but the internet stopped working. I have no idea how to fix this or what to do to restore the connection. Please help!
Thank you,
V.

Reaction score
You could consider paying for your own Internet service instead of leeching off your neighbors... Just sayin...

OP
V
Reaction score
Thank you for the great reply!
I had mine until a few months ago and it was an open network as well. I have my reasons for not having internet. I owe you no explanation, so unless you have normal answers no need for you to waste time and answer people's posts.

Reaction score
lol. I wasn't asking for an explanation of any kind... But if you want a normal response, how's this:

Since this problem is manifesting on both your iPhone and your Mac, and since it's afflicted both devices simultaneously, it's unlikely that there's a problem with either of them.

Much more likely, however, there's a problem at the transmission source. And since you don't have access to the transmission source (because it belongs to one of your unsuspecting neighbors), we can't troubleshoot any problems. Thus you're up a creek without a paddle.

Cheers,

Z

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And with that, this thread is closed. We do not tolerate illegal activities here including stealing WiFi from your neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.