• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hello Everyone!

Reaction score
Hello to all here. I am a newbie to the Mac world and am looking for someplace to hang where I may learn a thing or two. I've had Win PC's my whole life and have always wanted a Mac. My Wife & I decided to bite the bullet and invest in one. I bought the MacBook Pro 13'" which is perfect for my needs. This looks like a great environment and I have already checked out the "Switcher" Forum. That's a great idea and a great place for people like myself. My Wife, Daughter and myself each have iPhones, so I thought this would be a great addition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11.6,Macbook 13,ipad 1,ipod Classic,iphone 4S
Welcome.Although owning an ipod for a few years,and an ipad 1,since early 2011,I only made the "leap out of Windows"late last year,via a White Macbook 13".Now have an Macbook Air,and feel that this is my way forward.This is a great place to "ask and learn".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.