ibookg4 battery problem

Reaction score
i have an i book g4 and the battery was charging yesterday, but this morning it said battery not charging. i took the battery out. does anybody know what could have happened thank you joan

C

chas_m

While I would not have expected it to be so black-and-white, let's face it: that battery's REALLY OLD. It has probably been quietly degrading for a long, long time now. Batteries do this.

Obviously you should check connections, try a different charging cable, and download Coconut Battery (<--link to right version for your machine) to see if I'm right, but I think I'm pretty safe in saying it's time to replace that battery at the very least.

PS. For about 3-4 times the cost of replacing the battery, you could get a much more recent and modern used Intel Mac mini that would bring you much more up to date, so you might want to consider that.

OP
A
Reaction score
battery problem

thanks for replying to my question, well this morning it was back up to 100%. so who what happened. i cant afford a new machine right now. im working off the battery now and was wondering when it gets to 100% am i supposed to use to use the battery occasionally, im not sure; thanks joan ps why does the plug to the computer turn orange ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.