ever have a windows user see you using expose?

B

Berman

:spook:

i was working on my ibook next to a classmate. i had a bunch of windows open and was switching between them with expose. she saw it and was amazed by it :D

OP
L

lil

You wait until you get someone so ignorant to a world beyond Windows, who leans over and says, quietly..

"Noticed your screen, it's very nice.

How did you get Windows to look like that"

:flower:

Vicky

OP
B

Berman

lil said:
You wait until you get someone so ignorant to a world beyond Windows, who leans over and says, quietly..

"Noticed your screen, it's very nice.

How did you get Windows to look like that"

:flower:

Vicky

eh, you don't get that here in the US so much. people here know what mac's are. i think the UK has far less mac users than the US. i'm a 3rd year law student, and in my classes i'd say about 10-15% of the people have ibooks or powerbooks.

OP
T

Tel

I see one of my mates who is pretty good with computers using a Powermac G5 that we have at work, he was trying to get a file from the desktop and he was moving all the other windows out of the way to get there. While he was doing this he started moaning about how crap Macs are. I just interrupted him, pressed F11, then pressed F9 and pressed tab a few times for good measure. He went quite after that but I see him playing with Expose for a while after that. :)

I think you're right though, not many people really know about Macs in the UK, none of my mates really knew about Macs but they were all pretty impressed when I showed them my iBook.

Reaction score
Yeah and here in switzerland we have some of the highest percentage of mac market share.
So, when I told my friends about my switch last week I expected them to get puzzled and ask "why you switch?" and "mac - what's that?" . But instead they all went insane about it. "OMFG those are sooo sexy" and stuff like that. They want macs, but are too scared to move, or lack the money in some cases. But I already have 2 more switching, which I don't want to promote actually, but we can at least use iChat now :) .

OP
B

Berman

yogi said:
Yeah and here in switzerland we have some of the highest percentage of mac market share.
So, when I told my friends about my switch last week I expected them to get puzzled and ask "why you switch?" and "mac - what's that?" . But instead they all went insane about it. "OMFG those are sooo sexy" and stuff like that. They want macs, but are too scared to move, or lack the money in some cases. But I already have 2 more switching, which I don't want to promote actually, but we can at least use iChat now :) .

they're really not that expensive anymore. more than pc's, sure, but you get what you pay for. imho, a 25% increase in price is worth it if the **** thing works correctly all of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
If there aren't that many Mac users in the UK, it would appear that nearly all of them have found their way to these forums. I've seen tons here. From what I hear, though, during the 90s when Apple nearly went extinct in the US, it found its market share in continental Europe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I always show off expose (I wish windows accents were as easy to use as mac), the minimizing effect for the dock, a couple quartz screen savers, multiuser task switching (with the 3d cube), the dashboard ripple effect, and I turn on a 3rd party app called Quartz Desktop, which is really cool. After seeing all that, they almost always oooh and ahhh, and say "wow, I always thought macs were crap, but if I wasn't a gamer, I'd get one!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.