Windows XP via Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks to a previous post about a partition problem I had, it was resolved. So, thank you for the help on that occasion.

I am running into another problem with Windows XP. I installed it via Bootcamp and finished the setup. Now, when I go to log on, it advises me that I must immediately register it before it allows me in. What happened to the 30 day activation??!?!?!

Now, I bought a legitimate copy of Windows XP Pro for this and so I went to call Microsoft to activate it. But, my activation ID doesn't show up. The space where it should show up is completely blank! Therefore, the Microsoft employee refuses to assist me.

Now, here's the weird thing, prior to my partition problem (it was too small and needed to be deleted) I got it to work but I'm not sure how. I was playing around in safe mode but there were no internet drivers, etc, exited and went to restart it and it somehow logged me right in and advised that I have 30 days to register. I installed all the Mac drivers and, since I had an internet connection, I registered my Windows XP via internet and there was no issue. I updated everything....done (then I realized my partition was too small and had to delete everything, reformat and repartition.

Now, I can't duplicate whatever steps I must have did to allow me to log in with a 30 day window so that I can legitimately register my Windows XP. Can someone please help????

I've read a bunch of things to do in safe mode, etc but none of them seem to work and most of all, I didn't need to do it in the first place, I seemed to have accidentally got it to work the first time.

As a total newb, I'm dumbfounded. I'd really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.