How to convert to MP3 file?

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a way to convert I tunes to MP-3 in order to upload to the net?

C

chas_m

I'm not assuming anything here, just a reminder: it's illegal to upload any songs you do not personally own the copyright to onto the internet, and consequently we can't discuss anything of that nature here.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm not assuming anything here, just a reminder: it's illegal to upload any songs you do not personally own the copyright to onto the internet, and consequently we can't discuss anything of that nature here.

They are my songs that I wrote. I would like to get some feedback on them, but they need to be in MP-3.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can convert files to mp3 fomat like so: iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings... > Import Using > MP3 Encoder (remember what the value is here in case you want to revert the change later). Once that is done, right click a song and choose the convert option.

C

chas_m

As for a place to upload them, I assume you're aware of SoundCloud?

When you get them posted, feel free to let us know so we can sit in judgement of your talents or lack thereof. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
As for a place to upload them, I assume you're aware of SoundCloud?

When you get them posted, feel free to let us know so we can sit in judgement of your talents or lack thereof. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out.
When I get something posted, i'll let you guys know. Just promise mot to laugh. ;)

C

chas_m

Well I'd say that was very good indeed!

It reminded me a lot of the southern rock of the mid-to-late-70s, very Allman Brothers or for that matter Doobie Brothers. There's a definite Eric Clapton influence in there as well.

I'm not a musician myself (though I have worked in radio for many years), so take my comments with a grain of salt, but although the track is outside of the genre I generally listen to I enjoyed it. I did think that there was not as much variety in the backing tracks as maybe there could be but I did love the "sound and feel" of it. I think the structure of the track does lend itself more to lyrics and vocals than a straight instrumental, though.

Good stuff, excellent job.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I'd say that was very good indeed!

It reminded me a lot of the southern rock of the mid-to-late-70s, very Allman Brothers or for that matter Doobie Brothers. There's a definite Eric Clapton influence in there as well.

I'm not a musician myself (though I have worked in radio for many years), so take my comments with a grain of salt, but although the track is outside of the genre I generally listen to I enjoyed it. I did think that there was not as much variety in the backing tracks as maybe there could be but I did love the "sound and feel" of it. I think the structure of the track does lend itself more to lyrics and vocals than a straight instrumental, though.

Good stuff, excellent job.

Thanks for the nice comments. Its interesting to see what others think of a song I did.
I grew up learning how to play in the 70s so I guess there is an influence there.
And also thanks again for letting me know about Soundcloud. :D

Ves

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, Late 2011
Another software app you can use is Audacity. But track sounds nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac running Sonoma. 1TB SSD, 16 gigs RAM. iPhone 15 Max Pro, iPad Air
Thanks for the nice comments. Its interesting to see what others think of a song I did.
I grew up learning how to play in the 70s so I guess there is an influence there.
And also thanks again for letting me know about Soundcloud. :D

I'm not a musician either (unless you count being the best shower singer ever :) ) but I'd buy an album of that. Very nice sound.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.