macmail/icloud/rss????? HELP please

Reaction score
hi there

I am totally frustrated and do not know if I just overcomplicated all this - am on Lion and not sure if iCloud fits in they equation at all? I have been searching online to see if I could figure out what and why this is happening

In mac main I have rss feeds, some, that may also may leave an email too.

I am using mac mail, but find that I also have to go to my provider's site to delete mail from their server. I have been going thru and deleting old emails on mac mail and trashing them but I find some are still coming back the next day. I want to whittle this all down, but am at a loss of how to do so, I do keep a few hundred (I know, not the best idea) emails on mac mail for the reason that I may need to go back to them. Maybe that is part of the prob? also if I delete them and trash them a few days after, some seem to re-list in my mail

Under mailbox, I have my mailboxes (1 personal/1 work related) the rss feeds are listed together and then Drafts/Sent/Trash. Now after that is a election called "reminders" and then the is the section called RSS

I hope that I have explained my problem in a way that is understandable and cohesive.

thanks so much

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your entire post is a bit confusing, however, I'll try to answer what I can.

I am using mac mail, but find that I also have to go to my provider's site to delete mail from their server.

Open Mail Preferences. Click on Accounts, Advanced. Place a check in the box that says: "Remove copy from server........"

Note that this can be a bad choice in you ever lose track of an important email message and need to download it again. Once you remove mail from the server it's gone for good.

How do you have your Mail setup as... IMAP or PoP? If you have several devices that you're using to check mail such as your Mac or another computer and perhaps a smart phone or iPad, then IMAP will keep everything in sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.