hey everyone I'm new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro (Late 2011), i5, 2.4GHz, 4GB of Memory, 500GB HDD, backlit keyboards.
Hey everyone, I am new to mac. This is my first MacBook Pro, it's been 1 1/2 weeks using it. I've never had or own a computer myself. I've always used the family living room pc growing up or from school library computer lab and sometimes even to the public library to use their computers there.

I'm going into school this summer/fall, so out of surprise without a hunch my mother decided to get me this laptop for me as a gift of returning to school this year. Personally, I am very thankful to receive such great computer. I've seen my relatives and/or siblings having their own laptop but it never crossed my mind that I would ever own one myself til almost 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I've read great things about it MacBook Pro Notebooks that is why i'm grateful. Before, I made the switch I did google information about the MacBooks Notebooks. I was actually eyeing the older models, the White MacBooks; was thinking of saving up and getting it myself instead from buyers like: Craigslist, Amazon or Ebay. Reading all those information i understand very little about how the Apple Notebooks work. So, I did my researched a bit. That way I don't seem like I'm rushing into purchasing something I don't know even a little about.

Anyways, my MacBook Pro model specs are the late 2011:

13" macbook pro 2.4ghz, 4gb of memory.
500gb of hdd (i think thats how you say it) and i5.

i've download some free games and apps on the app store.
But can anyone recommend me any great apps for school?
Or apps for beginner mac-users?
Any insight would be great,
I'm open for advices and ways to be more acknowledged about my machine. thanks.

And I'm sorry I wrote an essay lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to your new Mac and the forums.

I'd start with Mac 101 on the Apple site as well as the introduction to switchers on this forum.

Just one little thing - don't want to appear as the grammar police - a page of text without line breaks of capitals at the start of sentences is really hard going to read. I'd gently suggest you break your post up a little in the future.

You'll find a better formatted post will get a greater number of responses :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro (Late 2011), i5, 2.4GHz, 4GB of Memory, 500GB HDD, backlit keyboards.
Welcome to your new Mac and the forums.

I'd start with Mac 101 on the Apple site as well as the introduction to switchers on this forum.

Just one little thing - don't want to appear as the grammar police - a page of text without line breaks of capitals at the start of sentences is really hard going to read. I'd gently suggest you break your post up a little in the future.

You'll find a better formatted post will get a greater number of responses :)

I'll re-edit my post :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.