MBP Fan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
Well...an old switcher. Changed a year ago and after the first month never looked back.

Not once did it lock up or just stop working like my PC did. The worst things that have happened are having to force close a program now and again and occasionally having to refresh a page in Safari to make the pics show up correctly in Spotlight. What a pleasant difference!!!

Still sometimes have to look up how to do things that were a no brainer on the PC. Just getting older and not remembering things as well as I used to. LOL. Also still not sure I like the Magic Mouse all that much. Every time I take my hand off of it the screen jumps around. Any fixes for that?

One question though....I have time machine on an external drive and a lot of video and pictures on it as well. Do I have to erase or move everything to partition the drive at this point? If so I am not going to bother. Will just wait until the drive is full (Sometime in 2015 or so probably) and do it right the next time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I wouldn't recommend partitioning without being able to backup the contents first. If you don't have this facility It leave it unpartitioned myself.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
Okay....I thought that it would not work so I guess I'll just leave it until I have to get another external HD. Thanks for the info....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.