New to Mac forum - Hello

Reaction score
I'm new to this MAC forum. Just learning about apple computer-ibook g3 that is not working. Looking forward understanding the MAC side of the computer business. Looking for information on repairing ibook g3 ( look's like I have the white screen of death). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Are there any books or web site that can help me as well?

C

chas_m

I'd direct you to iFixIt.com as a resource, but the iBook G3 is well over 10 years old now so I'm not sure there's any real point in working on this machine -- it will teach you nothing about modern Macs or modern OS X. If you enjoy tinkering that's fine, but it's long since past its prime as any kind of useful computer.

Also, a Mac is short for "Macintosh." It's not an acronym, thus it should not be capitalised.

To put it another way:
a mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Ditto for iPod. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
all white screen not black when turned on - iBook G3 14" - iFixit --this was actually fixing a macbook G3.. I got this by googling repair ibook g3 white screen.

As I'm not sure how much the insides of a Mac has changed, it may give you the basic idea but I recommend you take a look at something a bit more current, altho dealing even with that should help. You might take a look thru images (google) if you can't get a hold of something newer at this time.

Good luck

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

I will take you guys advise and look for a recent computer. Also will tinker with the ibook. Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. No point in throwing my two cents in since I agree with the other posts :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.