HELP! I broke it!

N

normal1

Okay so I wanted to clean out my mac mini so I can do a fresh install with the recovery disk, I popped in the DVD and rebooted.. after it went through its paces it now asks me for Disc 2 which I dont have! the cancel option isnt even highlighted I can't choose it.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.58GHz OC'ed Mac mini
Call apple for your second disk.

OP
N

normal1

alright, I'm on Single User.. does anyone know what to edit so I can start the install all over?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
hmm...maybe it was asking for the second disk because you did an install which required installers from that disk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Im pretty sure if u goto an APPLE store and take the Mac with you....they will lend you the disc to install it. Or call Mac Support, and they should ship you a new set..... I know HP does it for my old Laptop.

Reaction score
I only remember getting one DVD with tiger ? is it an install CD or Panther ?

I'd just try it again but with the minimal of options.

OP
N

normal1

I only have one DVD - thats the problem. I cant just try it again.. it wont give me the option to reinstall everything - if that were the case I'd just select a minimal install without stuff from the second DVD :/ - This is for target.. I mean, I know what I did wrong I just need to know how to fix it. If I can either restart the installation process or completely whipe out the hard drive, I'll be fine. I Just didnt realize that if I made I mistake I'd be doomed? - seems like other OS installers are more comprehensive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.