connecting wireless printers

Reaction score
I have a imac 10.6.8, macbook and iPad, I wanted to print from all 3, so I bought a EpsonBX535WD printer as recommended in Apple store. I have now spent all day trying to connect by wireless, but computer cannot find printer, I have no problem with MacBook or iPad but printer has to be connected to computer by cable! One message I get is " the network channel assigned to your WiFi network is not supported by the printer, This may disable your WiFi connection." I have run out of Ideas, Can anyone help PLEASE

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What wireless router are you using? Which type of network, A, B, G, N and what is the channel you are using?

You have seen the online networking guide and followed those steps?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi, I am using a Virgin media super hub, will try and find out other setting but not sure where I can find them, sorry not much help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
R
Reaction score
Printer cannot find computer

I have found my way into Virgin media super hub, bt can find nothing wrong in the settings as far as my knowledge goes. last message on printer says"No computer found, Check WIFi Network device and condition, The MacBook and iPad work wirelessly when computer is connected to printer by cable?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I have found my way into Virgin media super hub, bt can find nothing wrong in the settings as far as my knowledge goes. last message on printer says"No computer found, Check WIFi Network device and condition, The MacBook and iPad work wirelessly when computer is connected to printer by cable?:[

But the printer shouldn't be connected to the pc by cable

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi thanks all for your replies, but still not making any headway, the only way I can use my printer is by connecting the usb cable and that lets me print by iPad and Macbook. Still get message from the printer to say it cannot find my computer (Imac with OS 10.6.8) My Hub is on Channel 36 which is recommended
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but you can't connect by USB AND wifi at the same time.

Out of the box you connect the printer by USB to the Mac. Run the setup off the cd and that guides you through detecting your wireless network. The printer supports 'N' networks so the 2.4Ghz channel 36 setup you have should be fine.

Once the printer detects your routers network and the password is accepted the setup should finish. You may even have an option of printing a network setup page that confirms IP addresses etc.

Once this is done you can remove the USB cable.

You should now be able to print wirelessly to the printer from your Mac.

Still get message from the printer to say it cannot find my computer
The printer shouldn't be looking for your computer, where does this message appear?

The only reason that the printer should be looking for your computer is if you've tried to connect the printer to the Macs wifi instead of the router.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok thanks for your info, I will start all over again and follow your instructions : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ps that message appeared on my printer

I'd definitely say you're printer has not made a successful connection to the wireless network being put out by your router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
You can do it via the setup on the CD or directly on the printer.

Impressive..I've had to use the OSD on the printer in conjunction with it's keypad or touchscreen for every w/less printer I've had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Impressive..I've had to use the OSD on the printer in conjunction with it's keypad or touchscreen for every w/less printer I've had.

That's why it needs to be connected via USB on initial setup.

That's how all wireless printers without a display have to do it. Those with a display (but no all) often have the capability to be setup either way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
That's why it needs to be connected via USB on initial setup.

That's how all wireless printers without a display have to do it. Those with a display (but no all) often have the capability to be setup either way

I understand.
The simplest way to set this printer up is wirelessly according to the instructions, the CD is installed during this process and the user is given the option of w/less or USB connection. My guess is that the OP has gone the USB route initially.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi thanks. have now fixed the problem, my computer was not connected wirelessly to the hub, it had issues. I went into the hub, changed from 5 GHz to 2.4GHz and channel select to automatic, this did the trick and everything is running smoothly now. Thanks again for help and ideas : )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.