Safari - how do I un-do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
How do I "un-do" setting Google as my home page in Safari? I suspect it's somewhere in preferences, but not sure where. I just want my original Safari back, not a different home page. I also have the Firefox browser, but I want to leave Google as my home page on that browser.

I am not especially savvy when it comes to making changes, so please gear instructions to the "near-sighted Granny" level.

Oh, I have the MacBook with Leopard OS
Thanks,
Jann

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
20120221-82e6dnkx8cri7fhfys13aph5ia.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you do not have to use the Apple page. Find a page you would like to be home, and follow as above.

And please note VITAL deselect that open safe files.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you! And I deselected "Open safe" as per suggested. That got rid of Google as my home page, but I'm still not seeing what I had before I changed it to Google. Is there a Safari home page, perhaps, that I should put in instead of "apple.com/startpage"? Sorry for asking dumb questions.

Jann

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hah! I found it!!!! It was the "Top Sites". All I could remember was it had really colorful pictures. Now I've got it back, and thank you both for helping.

Jann (aka Grateful Granny)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.