Can't partition my hard drive!

Reaction score
Help! I am trying to partition my hard drive to allow me to run windows so I can play games on my macbook. I tried to partition it through boot camp assistant and got the error 'The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved'. I then was able to fix this by repairing disk permissions, repairing disk and also repairing disk permissions through third-party software called OnyX. Windows worked fine on the partition but as I tried to install my game I realised I didn't save enough space. I used winclone to save the windows information and then I deleted the partition. I tried partitioning through bootcamp assistant again but it came up with the same error code when I first ever tried to partiton (The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved) and every time I try to repair the disk or disk permissions or use OnyX it still comes up with the same error code. When I do try and partition the loading bar gets part way and then it comes up with the error. I even tried to partition with disk utility and the bar still loads part of the way and then doesn't work. I also tried partitioning with different sizes of partition but still no luck.

If anyone can help at all it will be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Callum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's a tool called CampTune that's specifically designed to resize your bootcamp partition on the fly. To my knowledge it's the only one capable of that.

But it's past that I guess. You can either get a defrag tool or do a backup and restore of OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.