• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Intel Mac question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I <3 my PowerBook G4 Titanium DVI 800Mhz, 1GB DDR RAM, Combo Drive, Built-In Airport, MacOS 10.4
When the intel macs come out can they also run windows if so, could buy a mac mini to replace my cluncky PC box

Reaction score
From what I hear, you will be able to. Apple isn't going to try to prevent you from installing other operating systems on their hardware, but they will try to prevent their operating system from being installed on non-apple hardware.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I <3 my PowerBook G4 Titanium DVI 800Mhz, 1GB DDR RAM, Combo Drive, Built-In Airport, MacOS 10.4
Thats wut i thought knowing apple of corse, Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Virtua PC, on my work PC i have Virtual PC, Orig OS is XP, then i have virtual PC with 2 more os's 98 for some programs and Win 3.1 on the other part of the computer..... works great, govt jobs like mine use it alot. And when i get a hold of a mac, ill have virtual PC on it for my few applications i use only in windows.

Runs about $90 if u have your own CD Key and ver of Windows or another OS...or $229 with winXP included.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.