MacBook laptop buying opinions/advice?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in need of a new MacBook (my older MBP has died on me). I am considering the 11" Air. But I am wondering if the rumored newly designed MBP will mean a upgrade to the current 11" MacBook Air. When would you think a new 11" upgrade will be coming out?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This question has been asked numerous times and the answer is still the same:

No one but Apple knows what they have in mind for the next whatever. If you need a new machine, Air or MBP, buy it now and don't worry about what the next one will be like. Otherwise, hang on to what you have and wait and see what Apple does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
I am considering the 11" Air. But I am wondering if the rumored newly designed MBP will mean a upgrade to the current 11" MacBook Air.
I could be wrong, but - based on what I've heard - my impression is that the Air and Pro models will over-lap; all being a similar slim-line form factor, but with higher specs on the Pro line.

Thus, we will have 11", 13", and 15" Airs with average specs; and 13", 15", and 17" Pros with high-spec hardware.

Thus, you can see that the 11" Air will be unaffected even by this homogenisation.

But, that's just my theory; no-one knows anything until Apple announces their intent...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.