HP Deskjet F300 Issues on Lion 10.7.3

Reaction score
Dear All,

Are there any known issues of compatibility problems between an HP Deskjet F300 Series printer and the newest Lion op system which I just purchased (installed on new iMac)?

I am pretty sure I have downloaded the 400 mega driver set and pretty sure I installed and double clicked on the package and all. I turned computer and printer on and off, but every time I try to use printer it just stops. When I try to scan, it won't locate printer.

I'm quite sure I have it correctly connected to the back of the computer in one of the USB ports.

Thanks,
Daniel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Just what I needed to hear, I've only recently installed Lion and forgot to check printer compatability.
We have an HP Deskjet F380.

Well, I've just checked the printer, and using the Snow Leopard drivers downloaded from Software Update the printer seems to both print and scan fine.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
D
Reaction score
Hugh, I think my problem is that my previous iMac was still PowerPc and I've had to update some other files I had. I will probably have to download once more and hope that I just did something wrong the first time.

Thanks for your feedback and glad things worked out for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In that case you may have to do it the Windows way and remove the HP drivers, restart then reconnect the printer and allow Apple to supply the latest software.
I have a feeling the same happened to me a while ago when we went back to a PPC desktop.

Hugh

OP
D
Reaction score
Hugh,

I figured out what step I hadn't taken. I reinstalled the drivers to make sure and then the first time I printed I asked for it not to change the printer, asked it to install the HP300, the system asked me if I wanted to erase the definition of the same printer that was available (from the PowerPC period), I asked then to use the same HP300, I suppose at that moment it found the new driver and BINGO - it worked!

Thanks for sharing you experience and views.
DanielBrasilia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good news, I'd hate to have to change my printer, however old, just because I have upgraded to Lion.

Hugh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.