frozen screen in windows xp

Reaction score
Hello,

I hate using windows xp but i have one program for work that I must. However, the cursor is frozen. I know there are hot keys to get this undone but I can not find them for the life of me.

MacBookPro OS 10.4.11 using parallels and windows xp. Thank you!!!

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, but that did not do it. Is there a shortcut to shutting down a program?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thank you for your reply, but that did not do it. Is there a shortcut to shutting down a program?

Is Parallels frozen or is it a single program running in Windows?

OP
B
Reaction score
I am kind of stupid on computers. I believe it is the single program running in Windows. It has happened to me before a someone gave me a magic fix. The "windows cursor" is frozen and will not move.

How would I tell the difference?

Thank you so much for at least trying to help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am kind of stupid on computers. I believe it is the single program running in Windows. It has happened to me before a someone gave me a magic fix. The "windows cursor" is frozen and will not move.

How would I tell the difference?

Thank you so much for at least trying to help.

If the cursor is frozen within the Windows desktop, then Parallels has hung up. You'll want to do a Command+Option+Esc to bring up the "Force Quit" dialog. Then, select the Parallels program and "Force Quit". Then, you can reboot your Windows virtual machine and it should be OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.