PDFs on ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
I recently purchased a16gb 1st gen ipad. I am trying to view my textbooks on the ipad. I have both iBooks and some kind of free PDF reader installed. One of my books is ePub, and that one was easy... I just dragged and dropped it onto iTunes. During the net sync, it moved over just fine. When I do the same with PDFs, they appear in iTunes under books, but can't sync them. I am running ios5.01. Any ideas?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I recently purchased a16gb 1st gen ipad. I am trying to view my textbooks on the ipad. I have both iBooks and some kind of free PDF reader installed. One of my books is ePub, and that one was easy... I just dragged and dropped it onto iTunes. During the net sync, it moved over just fine. When I do the same with PDFs, they appear in iTunes under books, but can't sync them. I am running ios5.01. Any ideas?

Are you sure they aren't in iBooks. They will be in a separate collection from your books titlled (what else) PDFs

C

chas_m

To expand on what RazorMac said, open iBooks, click on the "Library" button, change collection to PDFs.

OP
Zeke_D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
Yep, that did the trick thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.