is my plug/cord dying/battery? goes off stays off

Reaction score
cord plug keeps turning off. first it is green then goes down to orange. Most of the time
it then goes off and I can't get it to come back on at all...If I lift the cord itself, leaving the plug in the laptop once it a while the light goes green, back to orange and then off. about to lose power...help anyone?

OP
sisterbugs
Reaction score
above note should say: computer cord/plug:Turns ON (green) then off; Help?

thank you

OP
sisterbugs
Reaction score
I don't know what I am doing.
my plug to laptop sometimes, now, comes on green, goes down to orange
and then off..I am losing power. ahh. If I lift the cord itself sometimes it
comes back to green but goes off again. My laptop is 1 year and 4 months old.
I had a PC for years; now Mac user..what is with the cord/plug or is it my battery?
WHAT TO DO? (that is not yelling just a question/help please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like the MagSafe Charger Adapter may be defective or the cable which attaches it to your Mac. Is your machine covered by Apple care? If it is, take it on in to Apple and let them test the adapter. If it's defective they'll replace it.

Edit: Cross Post merged together here.

OP
sisterbugs
Reaction score
Thank you

I had googled my question and saw someone say for them they had to do something with
their ''SMC" whatever that is; but, another said only fool with that if all else has been tried.
So I found this MacForum (and I am now bookmarking it!)
I don't have Apple Care ''i believe'' will ask my husband...and then go to store as per suggested. thank you very much.:)

C

chas_m

I once had a client that had the exact same symptoms ... we discovered a very tiny pebble/bit of grit in the magsafe connector, cleaned it out and voila.

Might want to check that just in case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.