Illustrator 10.0.3 crashing on Mac 10.6.8

Reaction score
For about 3 years I have successfully been using Illustrator 10.0.3 on my Mac 10.6.8
Occasionally it would crash but I could restart. Last couple of days I cannot get it going. When I go to Open a file it immediately crashes. I am getting desperate now to get some projects done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Illus 10 is quite old, but take a close look at the strat up screen as it shows what is loading to see when it crashes out.

I would do 3 things.

1. A permissions repair using disk utility, just to check that a permissions error isn't stopping it accessing a plugin or other module

2. Disable all unnecessary fonts, that was always a source of illus hangs when I was using older versions

3. Trash the prefs file, you may loose your palette positions but also try that - reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Command + Option + Control while opening the program.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you for the speedy reply. I did some software updates and updated my Adobe Reader and for some reason, knock on wood, Illustrator is working for me again - maybe just luck or coincidence. I do remember seeing recently some pdf error messages when using Illustrator so I wasn't sure if maybe it was an Adobe thing. Anyway, for the moment I am good!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.