Switcher-it's tough sometimes

Reaction score
It's not easy moving to a new OS after so long on Windows, some things seem harder than they should be.
Anyway the downright best thing i like so far is the trackpad on my new Macbook Pro, who would have thought it could be so intuitive and easy to work with. At some point I may want a mouse as I plan to put lots of photos on this box and keen to see how iPhoto works.
Another is the battery life, outstrips any other Windows laptop I've owned (though they are getting better). When I bought my wife a Sony Vaio for her birthday last year I was so jealous (I never told her that though), i still like the Vaio but I doubt I'll ever BUY another Windows laptop.
Still prefer Ipad to laptop when I'm just surfing, reading or doing emails though.

Enough for now, I have so much to read and learn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome. Yeah, there can be a bit of a learning curve sometimes when changing to a new OS. But stick with the tutorials on Apple.com and always feel free to ask questions on these forums. We're happy to help. :)

Since you enjoy the trackpad so much, did you know that you can go into System Preferences on your Mac and click on Trackpad to see other options for the trackpad? Mostly lets you choose which gestures to use for specific tasks. Stuff like that.

OP
daffy67
Reaction score
I've accessed the trackpad settings, and experimented a little but may have to again. Right clicking I currently have set to 2 fingers, then touch another but it's a bit strange so I'll find another way to do it.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Post some of the things that you're finding hard - I'd be willing to bet someone here knows a way to simplify it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.