Logic 9 keeps stating low memory (details inside)

Reaction score
Hi. Total noob to the forums, desperate to find answers. Not sure where i was ment to post this topic, due to it being a mix of a few different sections (if a moderator feels this is better placed elsewhere, ive no issues you moving it). Id used PC all my life until a year ago i moved to Mac, so im always finding new stuff out.

Anyway.

I run a mid 2010 Imac, I3 processor (3.2ghz), 21.5 inch screen etc. Ive used Logic 9 express for over a year with no problems. Recently as ive gotten better at using this software ive added applications to it, those being Superior drummer 2.0 and Amplitube 3. Now this is where the problems have started, since using Amplitube 3. Ill set up my tracks as usual, ill set amplitube 3 up per guitar track, record my audio all good. But as it goes on, the more i do, the more it starts complaining "Memory is getting low". Now its got to the point where it has to shut it down automatically due to no more memory.

So i thought, well im only using 4gb of RAM, ill upgrade and my issues should be solved. So ive put 16gb (which is maximum to this machine) of memory in. Exactly the same thing is happening, no difference at all. Ive checked in the "about this mac" section... its recognising my new hardware.

Even with the amplitube settings set to low quality, same issues are cropping up. My hard drive space is still pretty huge, it came with a terabyte, ive got 828.85 gb still free.

What am i doing wrong guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
under utilities, click on the activity monitor.app. see what processes/applications you have running and stop them (*USE CAUTION!!) while running logic.

C

chas_m

I don't know much about Logic, but the first thing I'd do is check to see that you're on the latest update of Logic and AmpliTube.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the info.

I did find something very interesting out that fixed it, so incase anyone else is having the same issue they can know what to do.

A few months ago Logic updated to 64-bit format.... but it still automatically opens in 32bit. 32 bit can only use 4gb of memory... so if you upgraded, it wouldnt matter. If you go to your (updated version) start up app, right click, get info. UNTICK "start in 32 bit". When it starts up, it should say 64 bit. 64 bit allows it to use all your memory. Not all of the apps have updated to this yet... but fortunately for me, amplitube have added 64bit support. So its running like a boss now :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.