Drag and drop images into photoshop from folder

Reaction score
hello i am new to mac and in windows I could easily drag any image from its folder into an open photoshop project. I cant get it to work the same with mac and it takes alot of clicking around to simply add an image to a current layer.

Everytime I drag an image into the photoshop icon at the dock, nothing happens. If I drag an image into the actual program (not the dock) the image opens in a new project.

How can I drag and drop images into the current open project, not into a new project.

Using Mac 10.4.11 and Photoshop 7.1

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
No Problem

I don't normally open images by dragging to dock icon, preferring to just right click the image and select Photoshop but having seen this thread I thought I would try it.

What's the problem? I clicked a JPEG image in my pictures folder, dragged it over the Photoshop 5.5 icon in the dock and, as expected, Photoshop opened with the image open ready for editing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.