• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPad name dispute

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
this is getting ridiculous now...

China is now disputing the name of the iPad

Holy misleading post content, Batman. Proview is disputing Apple's rights to the iPad name in China, which belonged to them first but Apple claims to have made sufficient efforts to acquire. A Chinese court ruled in their favor, and Apple is trying to appeal that. Proview is now additionally trying to block Apple exports of the iPad in China (i.e. all iPads), but how successful they will be remains to be seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
"Proview refuses to honour their agreement with Apple in China and a Hong Kong court has sided with Apple in this matter. Our case is still pending in mainland China."

That pretty much sums it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think it's somewhat funny how China is complaining about a potential infringement, when that is exactly what they do to everyone around the world. What hypocrites! And I mean this for everyone, not just for this one case with Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Live by the lawsuit, die by the lawsuit...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
I'm getting tired of all the lawsuits. It's all about money and has nothing to do with tech. What a waste of effort and money.

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Holy misleading post content, Batman. Proview is disputing Apple's rights to the iPad name in China, which belonged to them first but Apple claims to have made sufficient efforts to acquire. A Chinese court ruled in their favor, and Apple is trying to appeal that. Proview is now additionally trying to block Apple exports of the iPad in China (i.e. all iPads), but how successful they will be remains to be seen.

if the chinese court is ruling in their favour then china is by defacto disputing the name..no?? hardly misleading......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
if the chinese court is ruling in their favour then china is by defacto disputing the name..no?? hardly misleading......

No, that's not what it means at all. It's one court apparently low enough for an appeal to be possible, and even ignoring the ranking of the court, if we were to use this warped logic with US courts, it would be accurate for me to say America pickets its own soldiers' funerals with hateful signs.

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
No, that's not what it means at all. It's one court apparently low enough for an appeal to be possible, and even ignoring the ranking of the court, if we were to use this warped logic with US courts, it would be accurate for me to say America pickets its own soldiers' funerals with hateful signs.

i think you have too much time on your hands... you got the point from the original post, so let's just leave it there shall we....;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.