How to use "Find My Mac"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I have a MacBookPro with OS X Lion. Two questions:

(1) Still learning, I have just read about "Find My Mac" by which Apple apparently can locate (and manipulate) a lost or stolen Mac device. Hopefully, that will never be an issue. BUT in the event that it might be, is there something I need to do now so that my MBP would be "findable'? I think the answer has something to do with iCloud?

(2) I purchased this MBP at an Apple store in a Best Buy. Then, I created an ID at apple.com. I suppose (but I don't remember) that at that time, I entered the serial number etc. of this MBP, but, if so, now I can't find any of that at apple.com. When I log in to my account there, all I see is "profile" stuff (name, address, password, etc.). When I log in to the App Store, the only purchases listed are OS X Lion and an app I purchased through the store. Is there somewhere at apple.com that my MBP is registered, and if so, can I see that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a MacBookPro with OS X Lion. Two questions:

(1) Still learning, I have just read about "Find My Mac" by which Apple apparently can locate (and manipulate) a lost or stolen Mac device. Hopefully, that will never be an issue. BUT in the event that it might be, is there something I need to do now so that my MBP would be "findable'? I think the answer has something to do with iCloud?

How to use Find My Mac in iCloud | Reviews | CNET UK

(2) I purchased this MBP at an Apple store in a Best Buy. Then, I created an ID at apple.com. I suppose (but I don't remember) that at that time, I entered the serial number etc. of this MBP, but, if so, now I can't find any of that at apple.com. When I log in to my account there, all I see is "profile" stuff (name, address, password, etc.). When I log in to the App Store, the only purchases listed are OS X Lion and an app I purchased through the store. Is there somewhere at apple.com that my MBP is registered, and if so, can I see that?

Apple - Support - My Support Profile

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Thank you.

I have not followed the "Find My Mac" link yet, but I will.

I was unable to register the MBP at "My Support Profile". When I entered the serial number (found at "About this Mac"), the response was "We're sorry. Please try again." After several failures, I wandered around the Apple website and found a page titled "Welcome to Apple product registration" at https://register.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/GlobaliReg.woa/wa/ where I was able to register.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.