Ipod Mini Jack to Speaker Wire Assistance

Reaction score
How does one go from an ipod mini jack to traditional speaker wire. I have a set of bookshelf speakers whos only input is traditional 16g wire, there are no jacks on the back of the speakers. Thanks for your suggestions.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
You can modify a mini jack cord, cut it, strip the wire , make connections.... but I doubt the result will be good. You should probably use a small amp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
The iPod won't be able to drive your speakers. It will only work with a set of active speakers which have their own built in power supply and amplifier, or, if you connected it to an amplifier which in turn is connected to a set of passive speakers as gbryant suggests .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.