Rollback Safari?

Reaction score
23 year PC guy, bought my MBP in July, absolute dream, till I updated safari to Version 5.1.2, and now it's acting like a PC. I get, Server not responding, server not found, you are not connected, Pics won't load, thumbnails won't load. It's gone to crap. So, can I get my earlier version back? and no, I don't have time machine.
Thanks for any help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Safari is now at version 5.1.3. If you're running Lion, the update to 10.7.3 will also update Safari. However, I suggest you give another browser a try. OS X is not tied to one browser as Windows is to IE. Download and try Firefox or Chrome, or Opera. All three are good choices. I use and like both Chrome and Opera.

C

chas_m

Safari works great here. I'd suggest updating further, that will likely fix the issues.

Reaction score
Safari is extremely fast and easy to use.

I don't like how my custom Delete History shortcut doesn't work until I actually click on the "History" tab first (almost as if the hotkeys need to be activated every session)... but other than that... it's an absolute dream.

OP
D
Reaction score
So here's the latest. Running OS X Ver. 10.6.8, 2.3 GHz I7, 8gigs of Ram.
All updates up to date. Downloaded and ran FIREFOX, same problems.
I can click through my bookmarks bar on different sites and get "your not connected to the internet" or "Can't find server", but click on the next bookmark and the page loads. back and forth through the bookmarks and then the pages that said "not connected" or "server not found" will load, sometimes it takes a little longer then a few minutes, after cicking on pages that load fine.
Plus when some do load weather or not the 1st time they did or didn't, sometimes it wont load the thumbnails or pictures.
Yesterday, a photo forum with 2 images loaded 1st pic but not the second, after hitting refresh it loaded 2nd pic but no the 1st, then refresh again and they both loaded.
All this started about 2 weeks ago after I ran the software update. I love my MAC but what the heck is going on?
I've been bragging about ZERO issue's to everyone for 7 months, now this.
Anyone have a real clue as to what is going on? any MAC programs for scanning my mac?
Thans for any more Input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
OP
D
Reaction score
Fixed, It was the router, I have had this problem in the past with the PC, but for some lame reason I didn't think of this time. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I know it's Mac, It was a typo :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.