• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Render Problems with FCP

Reaction score
I'm using FCP 6 creating a 30 min TV show. My Mac Pro is having some serious trouble rendering video after grading video clips. Error message paraphrased "Unable to render video at this size..." What does this mean? Graphics card, memory, etc...

I an using a MacPro2x 3ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon 8GB 800mhz DDR2FB-Dimm with 4 ATI Radeon HD 2600xt Graphics cards. Although, when I investigate it appears that only 1 of the graphics cards is attached to the dual monitors. Problem? Also, the Quad Core has 4, 1TB HD's installed but those HD's are nearly maxed. Scratch Disks are set to an external 4TB RAID HD.

Are my Graphics cards not installed correctly? Are they too small? Could my RAM be too small?

Any help would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
what are the render settings within FCP? It sounds like that is where the issue is.

OP
B
Reaction score
User Preferences>Render Control

Render & Playback
Filters and Frame Blending are both Checked

Render
100%
100%
Same as Sequence

Master Templates...
Quality: Normal
Always Use Best Quality: Checked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
And what happens when you Share the video, like for an Apple Device? Will it compile the video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Use the Share menu at the top, there will be a lot of selections there. See if any will work.

I am actually kinda stalling since I am not sitting in front of my FCP...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.