Clock on top?

Reaction score
I have the worst case of getting lost during projects and stuff, then ending up late for appointments. Is there a way to create a good size clock that remains on top of all windows you are working in?

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go on the App Store and find/buy a clock that looks how you want it to look. And given your difficulty keeping track of time, I would suggest one with alarm functionality.

Then go download Afloat, an app that lets you program any window you want to "float" on top of all other windows at all times. This will help you ensure your clock is always visible.

Good luck,

Z

OP
S
Reaction score
Sort of

Thanks for the tip. Float on top only sort of works, but it's a step closer to what I am look for.

Reaction score
There are quite a few focus apps available for Mac.
6 Apps To Help You Focus & Be Productive [Mac]
Makes you work on 1 thing at a time - and has timers.

[OT]
Unfortunately, SelfControl (one of the six apps) is ridiculously easy to defeat. I often have trouble focusing, as you can see from my presence here during working hours, and would have loved it if this program was able to stop me from doing so. Alas, it wasn't to be...
[/OT]

C

chas_m

Well, there's Self-Discipline (free) available in the App Store of Your Mind. :)

But failing that (oh look! A shiny thing!!), here's another option:

LCD (Red) | Wallpapers Clocks Gallery | Vladstudio.com - free desktop wallpapers, widescreen, dual monitors, iPhone wallpapers, iPad wallpapers, backgrounds for mobile phones, wallpaper clocks, e-cards

The biggest darn clock you'll see, since it's your "wallpaper."

That plus getting into the habit of setting alarms in iCal (I use Fantastical for this) should do you nicely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.