Which MacBook Pro to run Design Business?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I want to try and run my design business out of a Macbook Pro when I am on the road. I do web design, Flash, Digital Photograph and Video Editing. I also want to try to get into 3d but I'm not sure I have the time to learn it.

What do you think would be the best specs on a new Mac Book Pro? Are there any rumors of a new Mac Book Pro coming out?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You can chase rumors all day long and never buy a single computer waiting for "that next version" that is "just around the corner."

As with any computer, especially notebooks/laptops, buy the best you can afford. Specifically with Macs, you cannot ever upgrade Processor or Video Cards. Hard drive and RAM can both be upgraded after purchase.

As I own the top end everything 17" MBP, that is the one I recommend. See my PC's vitals under my avatar. I do video editing on it as well as some gaming (kid at heart) and the thing can be compiling a video and I am doing other stuff and not even a hiccup.

Reaction score
Good advise from Deckyon and just to add: I wouldn't recommend a 13" MBP as the native resolution is only 1280x800. I looked at one last weekend found the display didn't look super crisp compared to a 13" MBA right next to it with 1440x900.

Start with a 15 or 17 inch MBP and max out the processor. Hard drive and RAM you could upgrade yourself and this would be a lot cheaper than buying it through Apple. If you are not super comfortable taking a MBP apart for those upgrades, buy the harddrive upgrade though Apple. RAM is quite overpriced in their store, can be purchased much cheaper and easily upgraded later.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yea, I agree with Deckyon.. I have a 15"mbp that matches his 17, simply because I wanted a bit more portability (and you can always plug into a monitor). I also agree with the RAM comment, 16GB ran me $240 as opposed to whatever Apple wants today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.