Airport Extreme Card not recognised

F

Fat_Reuben

I've just bought myself my first mac, a g5 powermac, and it's not love just yet. after sharing a broadband connection it seemed a good idea to get a wireless box. Using a netgear 802.11b router to start with and i've installed a new airport extreme card in the mac (with os 10.4.2). I've read this is all compatible. The card isn't even showing as being installed in the computer, does it need supporting software? if it does, it's not downloadable on apple's website, I was guessing it might need airport 4.0?? I thought the card would plug'n'play. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
extreme

hey

no software needed

the airport card should pick up the router straightaway
and ask you do you want to join " whatever network"

my guess is that you have not seated the card properly
and attached the antenna. open it up again and make sure it is
firmly inserted. then try again

regards :batman:

OP
F

Fat_Reuben

Hi there,

Thanks for this. I've just re-installed the card, and it's still not visible in the system. When i try the airport setup wizard, it says "no airport card installed". I haven't got an external antenna attached but I'm assuming the card should be recognised even without an external antenna. Is it possible the card's the problem?

Rgds,

Reuben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.