WI-FI Dropping out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
Hello All

I'm hoping you can help me. I am new to Mac and have now got myself a iMac i7 which I a very happy with (bought it as was fed up pith my PC crashing and being very slow. Do a lot of photography so took the plunge and bought the iMac).

Anyway, very recently the wi-fi has started dropping out every 5 mins or so (typing quickly so U can post this before it goes again). I resolve the issue by starting and stopping wi-fi which gets me going again but only for a 5-10 mins. I have tried my Windows laptop in parallel which has been fine over wi-fi so I'm guessing its on the Mac rather than my wi-fi router.

Also, whilst I am here........ my bluetooth keyboard (Apple standard keyboard) intermittently loses connection and has to be reset by the button on the side. The batteries are pretty new so wondered if there was anything I can do to improve the situation.

Any help, as always, gratefully received.

Thanks

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Also try setting a different wireless channel on your router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Also try setting a different wireless channel on your router

Yea, I thought about that... but bluetooth disconnecting as well would generally indicate an SMC issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.