Making the switch!

Reaction score
I have been wanting to switch for well over two years! I was within days of buy a MacBook Pro two years ago when my mom surprised me with a Dell Studio Xps. The machine has been great to me and I still use it everyday! At the time, I couldn't justify having two brand new computers. I decided to hold off on the Mac until I was ready. That day has arrived. I still have full intentions of using my Dell (it is pretty spec'd out). So my issue is one that I am sure many others have had. Should I get the 13inch MacBook Air or the 13/15inch MacBook Pro? I have recently graduated from college so I do not need to be carrying it around with me as much. Any thoughts? I do have an iPad when mobility is needed.

C

chas_m

Before I get to my opinion on your dilemma, I'm curious as to why you feel like you need another new machine after just two years with your Dell (plus an iPad which you probably got much more recently).

As for which one you should get, there's a big price difference between the 13-inch MBA and the 15" MBP so perhaps telling us a little more about what you plan to use it for would help clarify which is the better choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.