Instrument Recording

2tone_punk

Me and my band use Garageband to mix the MP3's we create on my Tascam recording equipment and then i convert it to MP3 on the equipment then place in to garageband were i add effects and then mix them to get them in the correct positon and then i export them to itunes...ok (still with me)..? thats how i usually do it but when i first got my Imac G5 i noticed that you could record instruments straight on to garageband and when i first tryed it never got any sound when i recorded the bass or guitar so i just forgot about it and just done it the usual way i would do it, so last night me and my band were recording through my tascam recorder and mixing it on garageband then recording through my mac came in to my head afterwards and i thought that i would try recording on to garageband today to save time instead of having to record through my tascam recorder and so on, so i was trying it today and there was still no sound i have my guitar set up like (Guitar > Guitar lead > jack convertor (not sure the size (big to small convertor though) ) now am not sure if the jack convertor will effect the reason i dont get any sound, or is it one of the settigns in garageaband but i did have it exactly what "garageband help" had, so can anyone give me help if i am doin this worng or mabey its a faulty sound input port... i honestly dont know, any suggestions and help would be great.

Sorry for this being so long

Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
1/4 > 1/8 inch jack.

It could be as simple as going in to your System Prefs>Sound>INput>LINE IN

Try this and good luck :mac:

OP

2tone_punk

Yeah thanks that worked a feal daft now..but anyway cheers you saved me time when grief when recording!!!!

Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Glad to hear you're up and running. Sometimes it's the simplest things...

Once you master Garageband consider this: Logic Express 7

A little pricey, but from what I've heard it's very close to Garageband in style, but is a lot more powerful and useful.

Glad I could help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.