Music needs converting???

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Im hoping somebody here can help me.

I have had my G5 powermac for about 7 years now.
Looking through the depths of it earlier on i found a tonne (8GB) of old music that i copied onto the hard drive from my old computer Pre Mac.

Now im trying to get this music to open in iTunes and no matter what i do it wont copy into the library. I can open each individual track in VLC but this isnt what im really after.

Alot of them are in WMA format but its a bit of a mess tbh and some are in MP4 as well.

Now im guessing it all needs converting but im trying to find a piece of software out there that will convert all this music, not the 200 mb or leave a watermark all over my audio if i dont go pro for XXX £'s a month.

If anyone has any idea how to do this, maybe in bulk id be really grateful.

Many Thanks in advance

Joe

OP
J
Reaction score
Nice one. thanks very much, thats just what i was after.

Now having converted these files, and having them as aac files.
When i go to add them to the library nothing happens?

Im pretty sure they are supposed to go into the library then.
Am i dont something wrong??

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.
Hi joegreen84
Firstly locate your iTunes library by clicking on iTunes preferences then going to advanced that will let you know the "path" to locate it i.e. users/name/music/itunes. If you then find that location you can then drag your music into it and iTunes should then pick them up.
Good luck.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yea thought as much. just dragged in a couple of folders but iTunes has done nothing. No action at all.
When i go to manually add the folders to the library it does nothing also.

Hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.
Hi Joe make sure you have the "copy files to media folder" checked this might be the answer if its unchecked. I am guessing that your tunes are on an external HD if possible try playing them through another program just to make sure the music is actualy there and not just the titles/tags. It might sound stupid but its happened to myself in the past and i hadn't converted the songs but just the titles to suit that particular program. Good luck joe

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks very much for all your help guys but f1mac, that box is checked, and yes the actual audio files are there as well.
Im not really sure whats going on here.
I cant upgrade my itunes anymore due to being on the highest for a powermac.
Hmm starting to get wonder what else it could be.

joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi joe
im not sure if you have solved your problem yet but if you have done what was the solution as I'm quite intrigued to know. ps I'm sort i couldn't help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.