Internet Drive Issues

Reaction score
Afternoon,
I recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium using bootcamp on Macbook Pro (Version 10.6.8). The installation of Windows 7 was fine, afterwards I inserted the Mac OS X Snow Leopard CD and installed all the drives. When I go to control panel, all the drives are there but except those for the internet. When I go to systems drives theres small yellow exclamation marks next to some drives, much like this image someone else having the same problems as me is having:

http://shrani.si/f/Y/HM/31xTQPbr/picture.png

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what I may have done wrong, or a way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which model of MacBook Pro do you have? We need the year and model before we can assist with the driver problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And whilst booted in Windows run Apple Software Update to see if there are any upgrades you may have to download and install. From memory Snow Leopard came with version 3.0, and there have been updates .1 and .2 so far.

OP
G
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B24
SMC Version (system): 1.69f3
Serial Number (system): C02FND34DF8V
Hardware UUID: E6F13313-F5AB-5AEA-AA97-2B4787CA0C7C
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Theres my computer information. I got the computer last year, just after they released the ones with the thunderbolt. I would update with Apple Software Update but I don't have internet connection.

Would there be an issue if I used a different CD then the that came with my laptop? When I went off to college my mom moved my room and now we can't find the original box, which had the CD. Thus, I bought a Mac OS X Leopard CD from the Mac store. Just a thought.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your problem is that the MacBook Pro you have can only run Windows 7 and the Snow Leopard DVD does not contain all the drivers you need. When you ran the Boot Camp assistant it should have warned you that you needed to download a driver image from Apple and copy it to a flash drive or burn it to a CD. Run the Boot Camp assistant again from OS X and download the driver image. Just cancel out creating the partition again. Once you have the driver disk or flash drive ready, insert it when Windows 7 is running. The drivers will be installed automatically.

OP
G
Reaction score
So I should just "download the windows support drives for this mac" and place it on a usb and insert it when windows is running and it will automatically do it? Do I leave the other drives I installed using the Mac OS X cd?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. Download the driver image file and place it on a flash drive or you can burn it to a CD. Boot to Windows 7, insert the CD or flash drive and the drivers should install automatically. They will replace or overwrite any incorrect drivers you previously installed.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you, I was able to get the internet to work and was able to update apple and windows software. I've run into a new problem, but i'll make a new thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.