iWeb Contact Form

Reaction score
I have helped to create a number of websites on Serif, but never completed the process from start to finish. My experience is mainly at the front end of the process, but I now want to build and launch a small site for a local taxi company. It will be a simple site using iWeb templates. One thing I will need is a contact form and I cannot see this option in iWeb. Am I missing something or, if not, what free download would be best to look at?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Liam - I guess that means a form builder is not part of the iWeb package. I would have thought it was a basic feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks Liam - I guess that means a form builder is not part of the iWeb package. I would have thought it was a basic feature.

No it's not part of the package unfortunately. I use it myself and I like the easy approach and upload method.

It appears Apple never intended it for commercial use and there is more bad news..I understand that they are to remove resource from iWeb and stop supporting it.:(

OP
S
Reaction score
.... I understand that they are to remove resource from iWeb and stop supporting it.:(

Thanks Liam,

iWeb was one of the main reasons that I turned to Mac - that means it was sold to me under false pretences! Do you know if it will be replaced by anything?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are many great iWeb alternatives including RapidWeaver. It might be worth looking into it as an alternative. To be honest, I don't know if they have a contact form option but they do have many addons that can be downloaded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Liam,

iWeb was one of the main reasons that I turned to Mac - that means it was sold to me under false pretences! Do you know if it will be replaced by anything?

Well, I'm not sure that the agent/rep meant to do that because we all, for the most part, trust in Apple and perhaps he or she just didn't know. I like iWeb too, but here is a very recent and very interesting discussion on Apple's forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3670794?start=15&tstart=0

It is received wisdom on our forum that it could go either way with either nil support or iWeb being redeveloped and being morphed into something else.

Years ago contact or submission forms were controlled by the iSP so that may still be an option for you, but for reasons outlined in the link it looks like iWeb can't cut it in the smartphone realm.:(

OP
S
Reaction score
It seems to be somewhat incongruous that the company at the forefront of smartphone and tablet technology, cannot support its own chosed web building software. Is there likely to be a successor to iWeb in the foreseeable future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It seems to be somewhat incongruous that the company at the forefront of smartphone and tablet technology, cannot support its own chosed web building software. Is there likely to be a successor to iWeb in the foreseeable future?

Well, yes I agree. I can't find any definitive comment from Apple. The whole story appears to revolve around some emails that Steve Jobs allegedly sent to a customer enquiring about migrating their site away from Mobile Me. Jobs apparently said that Apple were going to discontinue the iWeb software.

The app was last updated in 09 and given that it didn't appear on the latest iLife11 suite we can only deduce that this is the case for the time being.

Apple still haven't commented either way. I suppose it's still an app that works so I'm carrying on using it for the time being.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.