What's Hanging On Your Wall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Have you displayed any of your photos in your home, either in a small on a desk or hung on your wall? I have two 20"x30" canvas gallery wraps in my 13'x13' tiny studio apartment at all times. I rotate the photos so that I get a periodic change in scenery. A 5th glass framed shot of a hot air balloon festival hangs above my bed permanently. Let's see your collection.

Canvas Gallery Wrap

1194735801_AuSzr-X3.jpg

Glass Framed Photo

914998291_QBZdh-X3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
a 20x30 of this at home

DSC0002-Edit-Edit-2-L.jpg

This one's hanging currently in my office @ work (despite not being a huge fan of selective coloring, the background was just extremely distracting).
i-d7F93dc-L.jpg

this one's at work as well

i-M3FSHhF-L.jpg

Reaction score

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
@Fritz
Very Nice!

My favorite is the B&W of Yosemite

Reaction score
Okay, now that I've figured out how to post full-size images on the site, maybe the mods can delete the first try :Oops:

Reaction score
Thank you, Razormac~

@Bob- I really like that particular tiger shot. I can see why you printed it.

@Dysfunction- the selective color is perfect for that image! Love the desert shot, too~ What IS that color shot?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have "dog slobber" on my walls from this guy:

PaddywithChristmasClothesAntlersand.jpg

Photo taken with a Nikon D80 (no special lens)...and a seriously amateur photographer!;)

Nothing like using a DSLR like it's a "point & shoot"!;)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick,
Love the antlers!

I haven't printed anything for display . . . yet. But in the spirit of Nick's offering, here is a recent one.

DSC_0052.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't printed anything for display . . . yet. But in the spirit of Nick's offering, here is a recent one.

Are those the "ankle biters" that chased you out into the street while running?...and caused that ankle injury!;)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are those the "ankle biters" that chased you out into the street while running?...and caused that ankle injury!;)

- Nick

Nope . . . these are ours!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope . . . these are ours!

I know...I was just teasing! Who else would post these silly pet pictures other than their owners!;);)

- Nick

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Very nice landscapes Fritz. I just got a $10 off coupon from Costco who does my canvas gallery wraps. I' have so many I'd like made into prints but living on just Social Security checks makes it rough to justify any cost. I'll have to live with them on my computer & the internet.

Great shots gang. I'm glad I thought of starting this sort of thread. Keep them coming.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And I bet that slobber is totally worth it. :)

You get used to it after a while!;) I think that the current record is something like 6+ feet on the wall.

-Nick

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Oh wow, that's quite the record. I forgot that your dog was, if I remember correctly, massive. ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh wow, that's quite the record. I forgot that your dog was, if I remember correctly, massive. ;)

Sometimes after he drinks...the drool gets VERY think & viscous...and literally can be hanging 8"-12" long from his mouth. Then when he shakes his head...sometimes it gets a "slingshot" effect...which sends "the stuff" flying!;)

"Head's up...here it comes...watch out!";)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Only have a clock .. you know numerals 1/12?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sometimes after he drinks...the drool gets VERY think & viscous...and literally can be hanging 8"-12" long from his mouth. Then when he shakes his head...sometimes it gets a "slingshot" effect...which sends "the stuff" flying!;)

"Head's up...here it comes...watch out!";)

- Nick
Haha, I can imagine it now.

Only have a clock .. you know numerals 1/12?
You mean you don't have this clock? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ya know, now that I've had a moment to actually think about this thread.. please allow me to wax philosophic.. There's nothing quite like actually having a photographic print. Perhaps it's because I started with wet darkrooms, but it still never quite feels real until it's on paper. There's a sense of commitment and permanence that comes with it that just doesn't seem to exist digitally. With that said, I really like everyone's choice of prints.

Bob, the tiger's wonderful and it's got to be even nicer to look at printed! I'm also enjoying the vibrancy of the balloon shot as well, I must say.

Fritz, I have a softspot for landscape work (double so for black and white landscape.. ) so I'm admittedly biased, but I dig it! Personally, I think you nailed the water in the top two shots.

Nick and Razor, how can you not love dog pictures! They're awesome and made me smile! Seriously, I take an awful lot of them. Almost up there with pics of the kids ;)

Oh and to answer the question.. it's a (an abstraction) bronze statue outside of the Arizona History Museum at the UofA. The result of trying to find something interesting to shoot on last years worldwide photowalk, but I liked the textures.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya know, now that I've had a moment to actually think about this thread.. please allow me to wax philosophic.. There's nothing quite like actually having a photographic print. Perhaps it's because I started with wet darkrooms, but it still never quite feels real until it's on paper. There's a sense of commitment and permanence that comes with it that just doesn't seem to exist digitally. With that said, I really like everyone's choice of prints.

Bob, the tiger's wonderful and it's got to be even nicer to look at printed! I'm also enjoying the vibrancy of the balloon shot as well, I must say.

Fritz, I have a softspot for landscape work (double so for black and white landscape.. ) so I'm admittedly biased, but I dig it! Personally, I think you nailed the water in the top two shots.

Nick and Razor, how can you not love dog pictures! They're awesome and made me smile! Seriously, I take an awful lot of them. Almost up there with pics of the kids ;)

Oh and to answer the question.. it's a (an abstraction) bronze statue outside of the Arizona History Museum at the UofA. The result of trying to find something interesting to shoot on last years worldwide photowalk, but I liked the textures.

Actually this thread has moved me considerably in the direction of getting a wall mount print made.

I have avoided prints for years, rejoicing in the freedom and easy access in electronic media. Lately though I have been drooling over the metal prints I see in Outdoor Photography magazine and have been thinking about having one made.

Now I just need to pick a suitable candidate . . . this make take a while. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.