Prevent Firewire External Drive Unmount

Reaction score
I have recently purchase an iMac and with it an Iomega Mac Companion for use with Time Machine. I found that this drive kept disappearing and eventually traced it to myself. As it is new I am still a bit heavy handed on the track pad and I found that in Finder I was accidentally triggering the eject symbol on this drive. Is there any way in which I can set this up to ask permission for the eject to take place?

ElBeardo :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
remove it from the sidebar in finder. Then you'd have to eject it by right (option) clicking on the disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Did you get it sorted out? I wasn't on my Mac when I posted, and couldn't remember the process.. I kind of have to do it, if you know what I mean.

OP
E
Reaction score
All I did was use the show hide facility on devices, something I hadn't noticed before. As all the devices are hidden I can't do anything accidentally. I now deliberately need to show if I want to look at the devices.

Thanks again

ElBeardo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.