using carbon copy cloner on fat32 XP partition

Reaction score
Well, my issue is exactly what it sounds like. I used ccc and backed up my entire system. Recently I got a virus on my XP partition, and antivirus stopped it, but not before it trashed that partition, I believe some of the boot files too. Anyway, I have an external HD that has my entire system on it including the fat32 XP partition. I was wondering if there is a way to restore my system without my XP disk that I haven't seen since boot camp was in beta. (Yeah, when BC beta locked down I just left it, even once I updated to snow leopard.) Preferabaly I would like to restore on a new partition. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without the original XP disk you have no way of repairing the Windows boot sector even if you do successfully restore the FAT-32 partition with CCC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.