FaceTime confusion on iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
latest Mac desktop, basic iPad 2
FaceTime has worked flawlessly for a year. Tonight, however, as soon as I clicked on "accept," it shut down and returned to the desktop. I closed all the open apps, turned the iPad off, then tried it again. Still no luck? Any ideas concerning this confusing issue?

C

chas_m

What you're saying is that Facetime crashed.

Did you *actually* power down the iPad, or did you just sleep it and then wake it? If the latter, try actually powering down the iPad and see if that helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FaceTime Crash

Thanks for the tip, Chas; however, I'm sure I turned it off...the black bar on the top, right? The really odd thing was that I had received a call an hour earlier, and that went fine. Perplexing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A couple of things to try, double-tap the home key to get the multitasking tab below, tap and hold the facetime icon and then hit the (-) icon that will appear to close it. Then have someone call you and see if that works.

If that doesn't work then a reset might help, hold the power and home button simultaneously until the iPad resets. Try another test call to see if it works better..

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the tips. Following the reset, it worked fine. Go, Pats.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.