Marking maps

Reaction score
I have been using Publisher for my hobby of writing about walks and overlaying sections of the OS maps (for which I have a licence!) with route direction lines and arrows.On my newly acquired iMac I can overlay in Word but do not have control over the width or version (dotted, colour etc) - only a pre-determined line and its direction. In Pages I can determine the line as I wish to have it but, so far, have been unable to overlay it onto a scanned-in section of the map!

Advice please or do I have to buy more software (e.g Publisher for iMac)?

Eric

C

chas_m

There's no such thing (praise cheeses!!) as Publisher for Mac.

In Pages you can do what you're wanting to do easily, but not in Word Processing mode. You'll want to switch to Layout mode.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Advice please or do I have to buy more software (e.g Publisher for iMac)?

Our friend chas_m is correct about Pages, however, he always seems to forget about the very nice iStudio Publisher for the Mac (much nicer and easier to use than MS Publisher). You can purchase iStudio Publisher from the Mac App store for $17.99. I was a user (and still have my copy) of MS Publisher for many years and can testify that iStudio will do everything it does and more.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you to both chasm and chscag for their speedy and helpful responses. I will try Pages again and also look at iStudio Publisher as you suggest and report back later today.
Eric

OP
E
Reaction score
Hurrah - not quite sure what I did but have managed to mark the map for my next walk with control over the line configurations. Having set these (density, colour, dotted, arrow direction etc.) how do I hold them throughout the whole marking process?
Eric

C

chas_m

I do forget about iStudio Publisher, sorry about that. Luckily you never miss a chance to mention it! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.