new mac user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G5 intel duel core OsX 5.6.8
Hi everyone, after a lifetime using pc's and being frustrated with losing lots of recorded music I've decided to go to the apple side. I have nothing special, just a G5, but I'm excited to test it out. I've used many programs including cakewalk, cubase, audacity..but I've ordered garageband (ilife09) which from what I've read works good with osx5.6

I look forward to talking and sharing ideas with everyone

Jay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Macbook 2.2ghz, eMac G4 1.07ghz, PowerMac G4 Digital Audio.
Congrats! Regarding ilife09 with a G5...the version of iMovieHD with ilife09 won't install/work - but you should be able to get iMovieHD 6 to download from Apple. Also, you probably know this, but you need to have at least 10.5.6 (Leopard) to run iLife 09.

Hope you enjoy the system!

C

chas_m

So as to avoid losing any work, I'd suggest an external hard drive and a program to handle backing up. Since you're running an OS too old to use Time Machine, you might look at SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to handle the job. Both are excellent.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Congrats! Regarding ilife09 with a G5...the version of iMovieHD with ilife09 won't install/work - but you should be able to get iMovieHD 6 to download from Apple.
That's the updater for iMovie 6, not the full version. I'm pretty sure Apple no longer makes iMovie 6 HD available for download.

Reaction score
You're going to LOVE the world of Mac. I made the switch 4 months ago. No issues at all. I've thoroughly enjoyed the learning process. And I continue to learn every day. I love my iMac!

Reaction score
I have had my macbook pro now for something like 6 months now and i love mine, i repair windows machines as a part time job and i am shocked that over the christmas period i had a number of machines that need to have windows reinstalled as they were not working properly out of the box. I have not had one issue with my MBP, they are fantastic. I love apple products!!

;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.