• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Keynote to iMovie?

Reaction score
I created an 8 slide slideshow on Keynote. Within each slide I created many builds, and I have transitions between each slide. I have to submit this project using iMovie. Is there any way to do that without losing all the builds and transitions? I know I can create a QuickTime movie but there is no option that keeps me from losing all the builds I painstakingly created. Any ideas? I am so desperate I even tried playing my slideshow while I video taped it onto my iPhone but when I went to email it to myself I got a message that the video is too long (2:22). Oy vey.

Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Keynote presentations exported to Quicktime should keep their builds and transitions. Mine have.

Why do you have to go though iMovie? You'll have to Share from there to iDVD or export as a movie anyway. You can put the Quicktime movie from Keynote straight onto a dvd if that is what you need. No need for iMovie.

OP
A
Reaction score
MightyGem you are indeed Mighty and a Gem.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
I thought that when I chose "fixed time" I had to figure out build and slide durations separately (for each slide) but after your response I figured ok, I'll try it. I didn't even have to....once I clicked next I saw my whole slideshow being sent with all builds intact!! Even the audio is PERFECT!!! And, I didn't need to send to iMovie because where I ultimately had to get it was to YouTube and there was an option to do that in QuickTime under Share!
I cannot tell you how happy I am. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.