Mac book white battery / charger issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 13'' Black iPhone 4 Black iPad2 Silver iPod
I have found this to be a common problem with older MacBooks, The battery doesn't hold a charge, for that matter, charge at all.
I plan on first trying a different MagSafe, if thats not the problem I will get a new battery.. but I was wondering if anyone know a fix for this?
I tried reseting the PRAM and NVRAM along with a combo of taking out the battery and MagSafe. Any Suggestions/Solutions?
Thanks.

Also, sorry if this is not the right area for this post as I am new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Try resetting SMC, that's what controls charging etc.. not the PRAM/NVRAM.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 13'' Black iPhone 4 Black iPad2 Silver iPod
Try resetting SMC, that's what controls charging etc.. not the PRAM/NVRAM.

are there certain steps?
for example,
> shut down
> remove battery
> power button
ETC?

C

chas_m

You don't say how old the MacBook or its battery are, so just in case it's not obvious -- all batteries degrade over time. Based on my own experience, the lifespan of a normally-used LiOn battery seems to be about four to five years. Less if you use it constantly, perhaps more if you carefully follow Apple's battery-care procedures. But it will most definitely degrade eventually, and there's nothing much you can do about that if that's what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.