Safari question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4
Sometimes when I am on some websites when I hit the back button to go back to the previous page a drop down box appears and ask if I want to send a form. I click yes and I can go back to previous page, I used to know what to do about this but have forgotten can someone help me with this please? Thanks

Reaction score
Some websites carry information about you from page to page through the use of form submissions. Or sometimes a page is constructed from information you entered previous to it (an invoice, or a post-contact thank you page, etc). In either case, when you go back to that page, Safari will ask if you want to resubmit the original data to the server so that it can preserve your session, or reconstruct the previous page properly.

As far as I know, there's nothing "to do about this."

Cheers,

Z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Macbook 2.2ghz, eMac G4 1.07ghz, PowerMac G4 Digital Audio.
If I remember correctly, this is an annoyance, but do not hit submit form again if you are checking out. I think this processes the form again, and you could end up with another order, another forum posting, etc.

C

chas_m

You can minimize -- but not eliminate -- this from happening by making sure that "other forms" is UNchecked in the Safari preferences for Autofill.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.