Bass guitar midi?

• Thread starter supremeoverlord
  • Start date
S

supremeoverlord

Hey, everyone. My little brother just got a mac mini and he plays guitar. I was wondering if anyone knows a good product to hook up to the guitar that would enable him to record into garageband? I don't know much about instruments so I assume he would need some sort of MIDI switch thingy (that should explain my knowledge base) any help would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well for really basic sound recording you can use something like Griffin's iMic. Should cost around 40$, it's a line-in connector that hooks up via USB.

The sound quality won't be brilliant, but enough for rough demos...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
You'd need a really fancy guitar if you want to record midi from it. Just audio would be easy though - get an iMic and an adaptor for the jack.

The thing with midi is that it doesn't record the sound, but digital information about what note, how loud and how long its played. I think you can get midi guitars but from memory they're really quite expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.